Atomic Energy of Canada Limited (AECL) is proud to announce that we are the newest signatory on the Equal by 30 campaign!
This is a joint initiative with the Clean Energy Ministerial (CEM) and the International Energy Agency (IEA), which works to advance the participation of women in the clean energy transition and close the gender gap. We join several public and private sector organizations to work towards equal pay, equal leadership, and equal opportunities for women in the clean energy sector by 2030.
As part of this, AECL will be taking concrete action and endorsing principles to accelerate the priorities of the Equal by 30 campaign. Our commitments are as follows:
- Promote equality in recruitment practices and strive for a process free from discrimination by conducting the hiring process in a manner that is fair, unbiased, transparent, and objective.
- Offer a dynamic, progressive, and diverse work environment that allows staff to demonstrate their individuality and abilities while benefiting from policies in support of equality.
- Promote an understanding of the benefits and significance of inclusivity by providing learning/training opportunities for employees to develop the capabilities, behaviors, and competencies necessary for an inclusive and equitable workforce.
- Advocate for “Equal by 30” and its principles in Canada and abroad through the promotion of AECL’s commitments and engagements with peers, partners, and contractors.
- Actively celebrate diversity and inclusion to recognize the distinctiveness of people’s cultures, beliefs, and lifestyles.
While today women make up 44% of our workforce and 50% of our Board of Directors, we can and will do more. Equal by 30 reinforces our commitment to close the gender gap, particularly in leadership roles, and strengthen the diversity and inclusiveness of our team.
For more information on this initiative, please visit the Equal by 30 website.